Monday, May 12, 2014

Siren testing, 18 months, and Mothers Day!

So last Monday morning,
we were enjoying mommy son time when tornado sirens started blaring.
It was once again beautiful outside,
so I went out on the balcony and was seeing what the heck was going on
and if I should be freaking out.
I am not going to lie, 
I was shaking, 
and pure adrenaline was pumping through my little veins.. 
I called Fielding and I think these were my exact words,
"Fielding, EMERGENCY EMERGENCY! Tornado sirens are going off
 and I dont know what to do, no one else is running out of their apartments.."
He works the next town over, so he told me the skies were still completely clear. 
So, after freaking out the sirens turned off, 
and I asked my neighbor and she assured me that they go off every monday for like a test run. 
It was actually comforting to know that they do test to make sure
they work, but what if we had bad weather and it was for sure
not a warning, and people were so used to the warning they didn't take it seriously..
Pretty darn scary.
I have been waiting for it to happen this morning, but nothing yet.. 
So hopefully its not broken. ;) 
Only I'd be worried about that, right? 
I am a stinking worry wart.

So we went to swim lessons later that day..
Our teacher just finished college and so she is moving away so we got a new swim teacher.. 
Well, the one that substituted, 
(thank goodness she isn't the actual new teacher)
Wasn't that great..
She kept telling Kruz to blow bubbles in the water,
and that if he didn't do it, 
we couldnt do anything else.. 
NEWS FLASH, 
swim lessons aren't cheap, my child is 18 months old,
and he isn't going to do absolutely everything you want him too.
So, after like 5 minutes of just sitting there hearing her tell him to blow bubbles
a million times, 
I finally grabbed him and started doing other things that other teacher
taught me to do. 
I was definitely not happy with that teacher, 
and of course I called this morning to make sure it wasn't going to be her again.
haha.
 
Later that day we painted my mother,
and Fieldings mother a nice mirror for mothers day.. 
It went with a little note that said,
"Grandma, 
Just so you can see how beautiful you are, 
each and every day!
Love, Kruz
xoxo"
It actually turned out way cute,
and there is nothing better than getting something
made personally for you. 


 ( I actually had a really smart idea, and put saran wrap on the table before painting.
It was such easy clean up!)


Tuesday came around and we went to this music class.
You actually sign up for semesters,
and they give you an instrument and everything.
It's a little pricey, but I need to put Kruz into a few activities
 that he can enjoy other kiddies.
So, We went to check it out and make sure he would like it 
since the new semester starts in June.
It was so much fun.
He loved it, and watching him try to jump was possibly
the funniest thing I have ever seen. 
So, we are definitely signing up,
and I think it would be great to get him into music at this age..
(he already loves to dance and sing)

 
Then we colored pictures of Mickey Mouse,
and Donald Duck,
and sent them out and hopefully will be getting replies soon. :) 
If you want the address its;
Attn: Your favorite Disney Character
Walt Disney Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, F
32830-0040
Kruz definitely felt pretty cool
walking to the mail box
with the envelopes!




Wednesday we were pretty boring,
and we just hung around in our jammies,



and I shopped for a tornado bag.

I am definitely a lot better off now if there is going to be one. 
I got a cool new weather radio too,
that winds up instead of taking batteries.


You bet your bottom dollar I listened to 
every second for the first two days.
I had to know how reliable it was going to be. ;) 
But my bag is about the same size as Kruz.
I am definitely not playing around.. 

Thursday was stormy,
and Kruz was officially 
18 MONTHS OLD!
Can you believe it? 
A WHOLE YEAR AND A HALF OLD!
I seriously didn't cry,
but I was a little taken back as I watched my baby boy walk into
the doctors office,
and got up on the bench waiting for the doctor.
What the heck??
But he hasn't gained a pound in 3 months,
but has gotten like an inch taller. 
So, hey..
I think he will finally start thinning out,
and wont be such a tank.
ha ha.
So Fielding had to come home early.
It was pretty darn stormy,
until Fielding came home,
and then of course the storms passed.
So we ended up going to the mall
and Fielding got new pants, 
and then got me a mothers day present. 

:) 

On Friday, 
We had a lazy day,
Oh, and I found a baby batman in my drawers..
Isn't he cute?


and Fielding had to go at noon to Virginia for a business trip
We were able to go out to lunch before he left,
and then we just hung out and were lazy the rest of the day.
After Kruz went to sleep,
I watched some hulu,
and munched on some popcorn and skittles.. 

 YUUUMM!

On Saturday we woke up bright and early,
(Kruz' new thing is to wake up at like 5 am.. So by bright and early, its really bright and EARLY!)
I got both of us ready and our mommy son day started. 
We went to ihop.
It was so much fun to actually get to enjoy Kruz,
and be able to laugh and giggle together.



 Towards the ending of our meal a mother walked in with her husband and son.
Her son was disabled and was about 30 years old.
He could barely walk and there the mother was holding him up so he could.
She also helped him sit down, and gave him sips of water and fed him.
He would randomly yell, and people would just look over and stare.
The mother would just talk and laugh with her son, 
and enjoy his presence.
It was just about the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
Maybe its the fact that I am now a mommy,
but I started bawling my eyes out. 
I tried to hold it in, 
but of course the lump in my throat got bigger and pretty soon it was to big to hold in.
I told my waitress I wanted to pay for their meal,
and to tell the mother  Happy Mothers Day when she told them. 
That mom was the most amazing example to the mother I want to be.
I want to be able to laugh and enjoy Kruz for the rest of my life. 
I want to support him in whatever comes his way, 
and be able to show my love for him to each and every person
on this planet.
So, we went home, and waited for a couple hours. 
I was still bawling my eyes out when I would randomly think
about that amazing mother and son.


Then at 10:00 the pottery store opened,
and Kruz and I went and painted a plate.




I forgot to take a picture of the finished plate,
but I will get it in like a week, and will definitely show you guys
the final result.
I am crossing my fingers it turned out. :) 

We then came home and spent some mother son time
 playing in Kruz' room and having fun with each other.


 Fielding got home after Kruz' bedtime, 
and told me all about his trip,
and then we went to bed..

Sunday morning of course my little monkey boy came stumbling
 in our room at 5 am
yelling jibberish. 
Fielding was such an amazing daddy and took Kruz so I could sleep a little.
About at 6 am I heard some pans clanging,
so I decided to get up.
I got to enjoy watching the stud I married 3 1/2 years ago making me breakfast,
and juggling Kruz.
 For those of you who know Fielding and I very well, 
we dont like pancakes, waffles.. you know, normal breakfast meals.
So, 
Fielding whipped up some breakfast burritos,
(my favorite)
and they were delicious. 
We finished eating and then I went and got ready,
and then my boys got ready,
and we went to church.
 MAAANNNNNN,
was Kruz a stink bum face. 
He has never acted up in sacrament,
and leave it to mothers day for him to throw a little fit. 
He also has allergies
So his nose was running a little bit, 
so we didn't take him to nursery and left early. 
It was sad because we left right before all the primary children sang their cute mommy songs.
But, 
maybe next year.. 
right? ;) 
I am so super lucky to be able to say I am Kruz' mom.
He makes me the happiest I have ever been,
and amazes me everyday.
I am super glad that we got to spend all of Saturday just enjoying eachother.
It was great bonding time,
and he definitely made me feel like a special woman. 
I am so thankful for the mothers that are in my life,
whether they are my mom, mother in law, step mom, sisters, cousins, aunts, grandmas, friends..
You all are very special people, 
to be able to put everything for you on the back burner and focus on your pride and joys.
I love being a mommy, 
and am so glad I get to be one for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment