Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Icy Hot Disasters..

Alright.. So many of you already know, when Fielding and I were engaged I didn't see him for 8 months, so I took a trip out to Georgia and stayed in a hotel outside of the city he lived in. I stayed there for 5 days, and our adventure was hectic. Fielding was on night shift, so he rarely got sleep. He would come see me during the days and drive to work during the nights. Poor little fella. Anyways.. We went down to the beach and went into the water probably up to our belly buttons when all the sudden in between my legs I felt this sharp pain. I couldn't even stand. Then Fielding started yelping and we both were trying to get out of the water as fast as we could, but unfortunately couldn't move very fast. After we got out, you could see strings of red going down my legs and see the spots on the back of Fieldings knees where it got him. Yes, we were attacked by jelly fish. I couldn't think of anything but to tell Fielding to pee on it. (I have watched it once on 'Friends') :) But Fielding refused. Of course. :) After we got back to the hotel we were both in dying pain, and my dad was freaking out over the phone because he said Jellyfish can kill us and we needed to go to the doctor. But we heard that these weren't poisonous and both just laid there in pain. The next day, I dont remember what we did, but Fielding left to go to work that night, and my legs were so very sore, So I walked to Kmart to get some icy hot. I got this roll-on icy hot. (I would take a picture, but after last night, no way is that staying in our house and went straight to the dumpster.) When I got back to the hotel, I put it on my calves. About 30 minutes later, my skin was burning so bad, that I couldn't handle it anymore so I tried to wash it off, when it began to burn even more with the water. So I called Fielding panicing because the whole back of my leg looked like a huge welt and the skin was starting to peel off. He hurried and called poison control, (I dont know why he did, but yeah) He called me back and said, they said you cant do anything about an allergic reaction to icy hot except to take benedryl. So.. my luck, didn't have any so I went to ask the front desk. They were currently out. So I ran about 1/2 a mile with burning legs to Kmart to get benedryl. I couldn't even wait until check out I just opened it right there in the store, and popped open a soda. Yeah people were looking at me weird but all i could think of was my leg was starting to peel off and I would probably have nasty scars. So after I payed, I went back to my hotel room and put some cold wash rags on my legs and passed out. I am still not sure how many I took, I just wanted the pain to go away. Anyways.. The next day, Fielding was right by my face trying to wake me up. I looked on my phone and had about 20 missed calls from him, and was half way off the bed. My legs were normal :) I was so happy. So I just thought that I had an allergic reaction to it. But then last night came along. With the same icy hot. Fielding put it on his knees because he was bending down all day and could barely move his knees, and he asked if I would put it on his back. Which i did because it was the roll on stuff, I didn't even have to touch it. And then.. out of no where I am at walmart, I come home to a freaking out husband. I quickly get him some benedryl, and cold wash rags. He was sitting there whining so loud.. and then I finally said "Fielding, I was in the same pain you are right now, but that was my first time using icy hot so i left it on until tears were in my eyes." He finally hushed hushed a little bit. It was kinda funny, because girls are so much tougher than guys.. I would of took a picture but he stripped down to his undies and just laid there in pain, and I knew that it was something you guys wouldn't be pleased to see :)Anyways. moral of the story. Dont use the roll on icy hot. I dont think that goes good with our blood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment